Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just a few things to share


This isn't something you will see often in our house. Francesca (the dark one) is ALWAYS near me and sleeps on this sofa which is next to my computer. Olivia usually sleeps in the kids' room or the dining room. Well, she wanted to be near her mama too, so she took the risk and curled up next to Frannie. Neither bothered the other for hours. In the end, the dinner bell woke both.


I came home from work the other day and Olga, our housekeeper, was telling me all about her day. She took me into the dining room and showed me these flowers. She said there were tomatoes inside! I said, "Really? Can you eat them?" To which Olga replied, "Yes, but you don't have to!" Aah! The joys of conversing in a language other than your own. What I meant when I asked if you can eat them is are they edible? What Olga understood was, "Can I have some for dinner?"


Another reason we love Olga so much is she made us three huge jars of homemade pickles! She got tired of buying them in the market for us, so she made us some. She keeps them at her summer house and when she is driven to town (as opposed to taking the bus) she brings them in. They are wonderful! Very garlicky!


Laura and I went for a walk today to buy souvenirs for some friends I will see next week. It was such a gorgeous day. I got some great pictures of St. Andrews. Here is one!

Next Saturday I am heading to London for a day and then on to Marrakesh, Morocco. I am going for an IB conference. It will be an amazing experience. When I return to London, Landon and the kids will join me for the weekend in London. I am so excited! Look for pictures on my Picasa site!

No comments: