Monday, February 23, 2009

Ukrainian Dance

Late last week I saw an advertisement for a Ukrainian dance show to be held on Sunday. I recently counted the days we have left in Ukraine and decided we needed to take advantage of all the cultural events we could before we leave. Landon got us great tickets and we eagerly went to the Ukrainian Palace last night for the show.

There was extra security at the venue, which surprised us--there were MC's--which surprised us, and there were lots of people in their traditional Ukrainian dress--which surprised us. Eventually, I pieced it all together--along with a video--and determined we were at an extra special event. We were attending the 70th birthday celebration of a well-known Ukrainian choreographer. There were lots of speeches, flowers, and applause. Here are a few photos of the evening.

















2 comments:

sherri said...

the costumes are beautiful - what a great event to get to go to! you're right to take advantage of these things while you've got the time left.

Unknown said...

Hi Christina! So great to hear from you as I have been thinking a lot about you lately - don't know why lately, but I have been. WHAT A SHOW!! You guys are so lucky to have been there. I am envious that you and Laura get to go to Riga - have fun and think of me too. And whoever took all of the photos is a star also.
Where is the next posting? Keep me informed if you can. Love Betsy