Friday, September 09, 2005

Phew! What a week!

The third week of school is finished and what a week it was! Somehow life seems to get busier and busier. The kids are in after school activities and that keeps us all at school until 4:30. We are home by 5:15 or so, and everyone is exhausted. My classes at Grand Canyon University started last week and while this is an introductory class, it is a lot of writing. I am hoping to be a certified Special Education teacher by 2007. Once in Kiev, I hope to do my student teaching.

We are going away next weekend. We found this guest house near Sigulda (north or Riga) that has a little pond and plenty of space for the kids to run. While we love Riga very very much, living in an apartment is difficult when you have two active children. Someday we will have a house with a yard--for our grandchildren! Anyway, this house is so beautiful. It is a new wooden house with stairs (for Laura). It has a kitchen so we can cook our own meals. Most guest houses in Latvia have primitive kitchen facilities.

I did a first in my classroom today! I have been teaching 10 years and have never cooked with my students. Today was the first time! We made pizzas. Each child made their own. It was so neat. They did a great job making their pizzas and cleaning up the kitchen. I guess we will do it again--but next time I need to make a pizza for all my colleagues as they were quite envious of our delicious smelling pizzas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a wonder you get time to do this blog site with all of the other things you are doing with and without the kids!! I did not realize y'all live in an apartment!!! That will be sooooo great to get away!!!