Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday

I just go off the phone with my mother and she filled me in on some of the news we missed about the New Orleans situation. How horrible. She said there were people who were holed up in their attics and didn't want to leave because everything they have is right there in that house. How horrible to be so dependent on material things and not see that God is sending you a rescue boat. Things are just that--things. Life is so much more than things.

I have been reading a blog for a young man in Indianapolis named BJ. Bart from MercyMe sent an e mail a couple of weeks ago and asked that we pray for BJ. I feel as if I know BJ and his family. I don't know them, but do know that BJ needs prayer! Please pray for him. He is a godly young man and he has taught me so much--without even knowing who I am.

http://prayforbj.blogspot.com/

We just returned from the Marine House. We went to a pig roast. It was not the prettiest thing I ever saw, but it sure was tasty. After three years here, I am feeling comfortable with the people who serve here with us. I think maybe the school thing is over and everyone is comfortable with the fact that I teach at "the other school." Just a feeling.

Life is good. Fall is coming--it is cooler and the sun is setting earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice thoughts.

Anonymous said...

The wrath of the hurricane was soooo horrid!!!

BJ's family is in my prayers.

PIG ROAST??? NO THANK YOU, but am glad you enjoyed it!!

Love,
Susie Cummins